Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Secret Garden

During my long-delayed annual house-keeping of my room, I unearthed this 2-CD album that I bought at a discount from Popular Bookstore in Ikano Power Centre (actually, that was the only reason I bought it). It's a compilation of songs by the Norwegian group "Secret Garden".

Now, I am not normally fond of New Age music, especially the saccharine-sweet type. But the first two tracks - "Song from A Secret Garden" and "Nocturne" - really blew me away to Neverland. They really send you faraway to some secret garden in some fantasy world.

So far, it's just these two tracks that I like. I'm not too keen on "You Raise Me Up". I guess I am just not into Il Divo. And it's also partly because the tune is less dreamy than the first two afore-mentioned tracks.

It's my first day back at the office this year, and I now have these two tracks on auto-replay, as I listen to them on my earphones to try and drive myself back into work mood (which is difficult, given the dreamy nature of the music!).

Happy New Year.

No comments: