Friday, July 27, 2007

To Hong Kong (Day #2)

My second day in Hong Kong. The entire day was spent on Hong Kong Island. We started off the day going downtown for some music CD shopping along 王后大道 Queen's Road. I picked up a couple of nice jazz compilations - just something to listen to when I am caught in KL's mad traffic jams. After that, it was a simple lunch of 雲吞麵 wan tan meen and porridge.


王后大道 Queen's Road and trams

After lunch, we rode up the Central to Mid-Levels Escalator, stopping along the way to check out some 麻雀 mahjong shops. Then, it was a mandatory stop at the 泰昌餅家 Thai Cheong Confectionery at 擺花街 Lyndhurst Terrace to buy egg-tarts (the shop is famous for being patronised by ex-British Governor of Hong Kong Chris Patton). Most of us bought one piece. I was feeling greedy, so I bought three. And since the egg-tarts are best eaten when hot, I ate all three in one go.


(L-R): 泰昌餅家 Thai Cheong Confectionery, guzzling my egg-tarts

After dinner at a nice Manchurian restaurant in Soho area, we did a short stroll around 蘭桂坊 Lan Kwai Fong, just to soak in the typical Hong Kong nightlife. It was amazing how alive and crowded the place was on a weekday night. The restaurants and pubs were just over-flowing with people.


Night scene in 蘭桂坊 Lan Kwai Fong

No comments: