Friday, May 18, 2007

Short fuse getting shorter

A close (and recently acquainted) friend commented that I have a bad temper. For those of you who have known me for years, you will probably find this observation strange.

Then again, it is true that of late, my fuse has shortened considerably. I have not reached the point of throwing loud tantrums yet, but I have, on occasion, raised my voice and resorted to rather abrasive (but not foul) language to vent my anger to the relevant parties.

The trend is getting alarming, because it is starting to affect even my own household. My mum avoids confrontational topics of conversation with me, and even my normally bad-tempered dad seems to be handling me more with care.

This is not boding well for my blood pressure, my signature easy-going nature... and my already-pathetic social life.

No comments: