Thursday, April 19, 2007

Tummy woes...

Warning: Not for the faint-hearted

Had to take a day of medical leave from work today, due to stomach problems. It started on Sunday (3 days ago), with what I thought was gastric pain. By Sunday evening after dinner, the pain was so bad that I could barely stand upright. It kind of subsided by Monday, so I figured everything was alright.

However, the respite was short-lived. By last night, the pain was so bad, and my belly so bloated with gas and crap. I tried relieving the pain by sitting on Her Majesty's throne, but nothing - not even the courtesy of some wind - came out. Finally, I had to force myself to vomit, just to release the pressure being built up in my belly, which was now rock-hard. Even had to chuck again an hour later.

It was only in the wee hours of dawn that diarrhoea finally set in. Four straight crapping sessions effectively relieved the excruciating pain that had kept me awake for most of the night. I really thought I was going to die of colon cancer. Anyway, I got some medication from my Dad this morning to fix things. As to why it took so long for the crap to be released, even he could not explain.

No comments: