Monday, April 30, 2007

Pull-ups and dips... back in action!

I am a true believer in Body Pump now.

Before I started classes, my pull-ups and dips were in the absolute doldrums. I was barely able to muscle out 7 pull-ups and 15 dips, reminiscence of my younger days. But after just four sessions, my pull-ups have shot back up to 13, and my dips have hit 30!

Now that I am back on a roll, I have reverted to my good old strength workout routine for rock-climbing, i.e. doing pull-ups and dips with added weights dangling from my feet (7kg for pull-ups and 20kg for dips). The way I figure it, if I keep this training routine up, I might just be able to break my 21st birthday record number of pull-ups, i.e. 23.

The downside is, my cardiovascular endurance is going down again. It was on an up-climb while I was still doing RPM classes regularly, so I think I better get back into it again. Thing is, nothing strikes more fear into my heart than that ghastly Track #5, where you are expected to do that insane 'stand-up-sit-down' thing during the chorus! Ugh, my burning ass...

No comments: