Monday, October 09, 2006

Prologue...

I finally decided to upgrade from my regular Friendster blog to a **real** blogsite. Actually, the inspiration came from reading a little lady's (I don't know her personally, but someday I shall have her to thank for reviving the writer's spirit in me... hopefull!) blog on Blogspot recently, so I figured... why not?

A couple of close friends have told me that I have this "flair for writing". They're being nice... so sweet of them. I have had managers from my ex-companies copping out far more direct and less flattering comments (which I shall not attempt to reproduce here) in regard to my long-winded e-mails.

Why did I christen my blog "Augustine's Chronicles"? Augustine is my confirmation name. Chose it myself, a month short of my
21st birthday. Why? Aurelius Augustine of Hippo was the patron saint of theologians, and a prolific writer. Quote from him, "God, grant me chastity and contenence... but not yet." What a rebel. Sounds like me. Minus the need for chastity. I'm celibate. Yep.

No comments: